Poesia e Dialetto: An event investigating the relationship between poetry and dialetti, the regional languages of Italy, an invaluable treasure to preserve.
This event will be streamed live here www.lanuovaecologia.tv on 14 June 2016, at 7 p.m. (Italian time).
The joint winners of the 2016 Oxford-Weidenfeld Translation Prize have now been announced!
- Paul Vincent and John Irons for 100 Dutch-Language Poems (Holland Park Press)
- Philip Roughton for Jón Kalman Stefánsson’s The Heart of Man (MacLehose Press)
The other shortlisted books were:
- John Cullen for Kamel Daoud’s The Meursault Investigation (Oneworld)
- Stephen Pearl for Ivan Goncharov’s The Same Old Story (Alma Classics)
- Don Bartlett for Karl Ove Knausgaard’s Dancing in the Dark: My Struggle (Harvill Secker)
- Shaun Whiteside for Charles Lewinsky’s Melnitz (Atlantic Books)
- Lola M. Rogers for Sofi Oksanen’s When the Doves Disappeared (Atlantic Books)
- Lisa C. Hayden for Eugene Vodolazkin’s Laurus (Oneworld)
This year’s judges were Valentina Gosetti, Jonathan Katz, Graham Nelson, and Patrick McGuinness (Chair)
The winner was announced at the prize-giving and dinner at St Anne’s College, Oxford on Saturday 11 June 2016, the Oxford Translation Day.